- Are you a parent or carer of a disabled child or young adult aged 0-25 living in the London Borough of Haringey?
- Do you want to be informed and be part of the decision making, regarding the services for our disabled children, in Haringey?
- Do you want to help develop and influence services specifically for our children?
Then join Haringey Involve Parents Participation Forum. We currently have 121 parent and carer members and 19 professionals that we work in partnership with. Get YOUR voice heard, YOUR opinions valued, get the right services for YOUR children. Be INFORMED! Be INVOLVED!
Being a member means you have somewhere where you can:
- Discuss issues relating to your child, with other parents and carers and ensure that your collective voice is HEARD!!
- Find out what is going on locally and nationally for children with disabilities.
- Become actively involved in the shaping and developing of local and national priorities.
- Work in partnership and develop good relationships with local service providers in Social Care, Education, Health, Respite and Leisure & Social Activities.
- Have training and workshops in order to support and empower parents and carers around issues that are important to them.
- Attend events, meetings and consultations on matters directly affecting children with disabilities.
Membership is free and is open to any parent or carer of children and young adults up to age 25 living in Haringey.
Being a member means that your views are directly reported back to Haringey's Strategic planning groups and your views are represented at conferences and consultations. A collective voice ensures better communications. Members are encouraged to share their views and concerns by contacting Haringey Involve. Be part of a group that advocates on parents and carers behalf.
Members can be as involved as they want to be. No formal commitment is required. Just try to come along to one of our events, consultations, conferences, coffee mornings or question and answer sessions. Or you can just call or email us if you have an issue that needs further awareneess, or if you just want to share some information. There are plenty of ways to be involved.
We are currently recruiting new members to the Steering Group. This group meets regularly, takes the active lead for the Forum and plans and arranges all the Events, as well as taking issues forward to key policy makers. The growth of our Forum in the past year has been amazing - but rapid. To continue to provide this service we need more parents to take an active role and make it happen.
We need parents to take important information into their schools and raise the profile of the Forum.
We need parents to sit on Strategic & Scrutiny Panels.
We need parents who can support other parents through the SEN process.
CAN YOU HELP?
We also have a separate membership list for professional services. These are service providers, charities and other organisations, which value our opinions and want to work with us; in ensuring they provide the best services possible. We believe that we achieve the best for our children, when we work in partnership with all services.